but it's apt all the same.
ok, so i look around at my life, and the way i spend my time, and something is off. sometimes i feel like i don't have much control over how my time is spent, but what is happening in actuality is that i just really don't pay much attention to where my time goes. i let it slip away. and i don't like that.
but then i think about how i would like to spend my time, and sometimes i don't know what i would do with free reign. i think i would do a lot of things that i don't do now. in fact, i think i'd like to make a list:
if i could empty my schedule for the next six months, i would:
- write at least one song a week.
- go for a solitary walk in un-civilized terrain 5 days a week.
- have one day a week of solitary time with Jesus (no other people at all for the whole day).
- spend at least 2 hours in uninterrupted prayer every day.
- have a significant conversation with an old friend once a week.
- go through all my possessions (ALL) and sell/trash 75% of them.
- read at least half the bible.
- finish the tee-shirt quilt i started about 8 years ago ....
- not do my hair.
- not wear makeup (not even mascara).
- learn how to play mandolin.
- climb a mountain. maybe in colorado.
- not make a single commitment or promise to anyone. and not let anyone down.
- make no plans for the future.
- read lots of different things.
- not watch a lick of TV.
and i don't want to waste my life.
oh Lord, lead me.