12.26.2007

it's been a long december

and there's reason to believe
maybe this year will be better than the last.


so, has it been a hard year for anyone else? hah, don't answer that .... because i already know.

today, as i was getting frustrated with God (i might have been yelling at Him a little?), i was thinking back over some of the things that this year has taught me.

trust.
perseverance.
eternal perspective.
security in the nature of God alone.
selflessness (ok, actually, maybe just that i am selfish).
hope.
truth.


and in myself, i saw that talk is cheap, but how i spend my days is what actually reveals what i believe about the world and myself and God.


so now i'm thinking about how i've spent my days.

and what i really believe, apparently ...






... and i'm thinking that maybe my heart is a little crusty.

it's been a long december
but there's reason to believe
maybe this year will be better than the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment